Weather forecast for Gold Coast, Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Gympie, Bundaberg, Maryborough, Rockhampton, Gladstone:
Most of the southerly half of Queensland is set for an additional period of winter rain. Commencing from around Thursday(08/07) morning in southwestern QLD from nearby Quilpie and Cunamulla and then developing eastwards towards the coast on Fri(09/07) and Sat and sweeping down from about the northern Wide Bay district to the border.
General falls of around 25-30mm west of the coast and falls of roughly 10-20mm nearer to the coast. This is more beautiful rain for the western and Wide Bay areas that require it. The video above shows rain progression and total accumulated rainfall.
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through floodwaters. If it’s flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
- Please keep an eye on the Bureau of Meteorology Brisbane Weather radar for live storm updates.
- Also, keep an eye on the weather warnings page for Queensland.
- Be prepared for severe thunderstorms this season. Read the Bureau of Meteorology’s Preparation and safety during thunderstorms
Weather Maps and Tools
- Queensland Live Weather & Lightning Radar Map
- Queensland Live Wind & Gusts Radar Map
- Queensland Live Temperature Map
- Queensland Waves & Swells Map
For further information and live updates about Queensland weather forecasts visit:
Weather forecasts for Queensland: Gold Coast, Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Gympie, Bundaberg, Maryborough, Rockhampton, Gladstone, Mackay, Cairns all other regional centres. Our forecasts include long term and short term forecasts as well as significant and severe weather events affecting the regions.