20 Amazing Hotels in Italy To Stay (with Map)
Italy has some of the most beautiful landscapes in Europe. From the Alps to the Mediterranean Sea, from the Adriatic Coast to the Tuscany region, there are plenty of places to stay in Italy.
From luxury hotels to budget accommodations, there are tons of options for travelers looking to explore the country. Whether you want to visit the Amalfi Coast or enjoy a relaxing vacation at Lake Como, there are lots of great choices.
Here are 20 of the best hotels in Italy.
Le Sirenuse (Positano)
- A luxury hotel in the heart of Positano, overlooking the sea and the Amalfi Coast.
- The rooms are decorated with traditional furnishings and modern amenities. Each room comes equipped with air conditioning, satellite TV, a minibar, a safe, a hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers, free Wi-Fi internet access, ironing facilities, and a private terrace or balcony.
- Guests have access to the spa, gymnasium, pool, tennis courts, sauna, steam bath, massage services, beauty treatments, and laundry service.
- There are several restaurants at the hotel, including La Terrazza del Lago, serving Italian cuisine; Il Gambero, offering local dishes; and Barba Efisio, serving Mediterranean specialities.
Hotel Villa Belvedere (Vicenza)
Located near the Duomo, Hotel Villa Belvedere offers views of the city that will take your breath away. The rooms are comfortable and come equipped with free WiFi and LCD TVs.
- Hotel Villa Belvedere is located in the heart of the city center of Vicenza, just a few steps away from the famous Piazza dei Signori and the Basilica di Sant’Antonio. It offers comfortable rooms with private bathrooms, air conditioning, TV, telephone, minibar, safe box, hairdryer, ironing board, free Wi-Fi access and parking.
- The hotel is surrounded by restaurants, bars, shops and art galleries. You can enjoy the beautiful views over the rooftops of the old town of Vicenza and visit the nearby museums and monuments.
- The hotel is located near the railway station, bus stop, airport shuttle service and public transport connections.
- Guests have exclusive use of the garden terrace where they can relax after a day’s sightseeing.
- A wide range of services and facilities are offered at the hotel including room service, laundry service, dry cleaning, car rental, bicycle rental, babysitting/childcare, concierge, doctor on call, fax machine, luggage storage, pets allowed, restaurant, safety deposit boxes, tour assistance, ticket booking, wake up calls, and wireless Internet access.
Hotel San Marco Palace (Venice)
If you’re visiting Venice, make sure to book a room at the San Marco Palace. Not only do they offer incredible views of St. Mark’s Square, but they also have a rooftop terrace where guests can sip cocktails and watch the sunset over the city.
Hotel Cipriani (Venice)
The Cipriani family has been offering guests exceptional service since 1887. They’ve got a history of hospitality like no other. In addition to having the best location in town, the Cipriani offers spacious suites, free Wi-Fi, and sweeping views of the Grand Canal.
Hotel Cipriani is a 5-star luxury hotel located right off the Grand Canal in Venice. I stayed here while visiting Venice and was impressed with how beautiful the hotel looked from the outside and how nice everything inside was.
- There were many different restaurants nearby including a Starbucks, McDonald’s, Subway, etc.
- The staff at the front desk were extremely friendly and helpful.
- The room was spacious and clean.
- The bed was comfortable and had great pillows.
- The bathroom was huge!
- The shower was amazing and had plenty of hot water.
- The location was perfect – close enough to walk everywhere yet still secluded.
- I would definitely stay here again if I ever back to Venice.
Hotel Palazzo Barbarigo (Siena)
Siena is home to one of the oldest and finest palaces in Italy. The Barbarigo family has owned the palace since 1442. The property features 13 unique guestrooms decorated in Tuscan style. Each room comes with its own balcony, fireplace, and antique furnishings.
Hotel Palazzo Barbarigo was built between 1460-1480 and is located in the heart of Siena’s historic center. It is a perfect example of Tuscan architecture and artistry. The hotel is known for its beautiful rooms, incredible views, and delicious food.
Hotel Santa Caterina (Florence)
The Santa Caterina is situated right next to the Basilica di Santa Maria Novella. The hotel was built in 1540 and has been welcoming visitors ever since. The rooms are simple, elegant, and cozy.
Description: Hotel Santa Caterina was built in 1443 and sits right across the river Arno from Piazza della Signoria. It’s been a hotel since 1887. I stayed here once before while visiting Florence. There were some great views of the city from my room.
Hotel Villa d’Este (Tivoli)
Overlooking the Tiber River, the Villa d’Este is a luxurious hotel that dates back to 1750. The hotel offers traditional Italian cuisine as well as modern dishes. Guests can relax by the outdoor swimming pool or work out in the fitness center.
Featuring free WiFi throughout the property, Hotel Villa D’Estate offers accommodation in Tivoli. Guests benefit from the balcony. Free private parking is available on-site. Rooms have flat-screen TV. Certain units feature views of the garden or city.
Every room includes a desk and a seating area where you can relax. There is a shared lounge at the property. You will find a 24-hour front desk at the property. Rome Ciampino Airport is located 10 km away. Roma Termini Train Station is 9 km from the hotel, while Vatican City is 40 km away.
Hotel La Residenza (Rome)
The La Residenza opened its doors in 1689 and has been serving up classic Roman hospitality ever since. The hotel is known for its rooftop garden which boasts panoramic views of Rome.
Hotel La Residenza is located in the heart of Rome’s historic center. It features a rooftop terrace with panoramic views of the city and its famous monuments. Guests enjoy free Wi-Fi throughout their stay. Each room offers a minibar, safe box, hairdryer, and ironing facilities. The hotel provides complimentary parking.
Hotel Villa Torlonia (Capalbio)
This villa sits atop a hill overlooking the Tyrrhenian sea. The view alone makes this place worth checking into. The rooms are decorated in a Tuscan style and feature high ceilings, wooden floors, and marble bathrooms.
Hotel Villa Torlonia is located in Capalbio, Tuscany, Italy. It was built in 1887 and renovated in 2004. It offers rooms with views of the Tuscan countryside and the Mediterranean Sea. There are many restaurants and shops nearby. The hotel features a spa center, swimming pool, tennis courts, and hiking trails.
Hotel Villa Giulia (Taormina)
Situated on top of Mt. Etna, the Villa Giulia is surrounded by lush greenery. The rooms are decorated with period furniture and each one has a private terrace with spectacular views.
Hotel Villa Giulia was built in 1887 and is located at the top of Mount Etna. It offers amazing views of the Mediterranean Sea and the Sicilian countryside. The villa sits atop a hill overlooking the town of Taormina. It is surrounded by lush greenery and beautiful gardens.
There are many different types of rooms to choose from including suites, junior suites, standard rooms, family rooms, and single rooms. Each room comes equipped with air conditioning, satellite television, and Wi-Fi access.
All rooms have private bathrooms with bathrobes, slippers, hairdryers, and free toiletries. Guests can relax in the garden area or enjoy the pool. Breakfast is included in the price of each room. The hotel restaurant serves traditional Italian cuisine.
Guests can order drinks and appetizers from the bar. The hotel’s concierge services offer tours around the city and help arrange excursions.
Hotel Villa Rosa (Orvieto)
The Hotel Villa Rosa was built in 1894 by architect Giuseppe Sommaruga who had previously worked at the Palazzo della Pilotta in Orvieto. In its time it was known as the Grand Hotel Palace. It has been lovingly restored and now operates as a 4-star hotel. There are 24 individually decorated rooms, each uniquely furnished and offering views over either the city or the countryside. All have private bathrooms and air conditioning.
- Villa Rosa is located just outside Orvieto’s historic centre, surrounded by vineyards and olive groves. It offers free parking and Wi-Fi access. Guests enjoy complimentary breakfast daily.
- Guests stay in individually decorated rooms, some with exposed beams and antique furnishings. Each room comes with a TV, safe, hairdryer and tea/coffee-making facilities.
- There is a bar where guests can relax after sightseeing. A restaurant serves local dishes. Breakfast is included. Free WiFi is provided throughout the property.
- 24 individually decorated rooms, each with its own style and character.
- A concierge service is available upon request.
Hotel Villa Belvedere (Viterbo)
Located just outside of Viterbo, this boutique hotel offers a peaceful retreat from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. The hotel is filled with natural light and contemporary art, making it a great choice for anyone looking to get away from it all.
- Hotel Savoy Florence was built in 1883 by architect Giuseppe Sommaruga. In 1912, it became the first hotel in Europe to have electric lighting installed. The building’s design features a mix of Renaissance Revival and Art Nouveau styles.
- The hotel’s name comes from its location at Via Della Vittoria #19/21. Savoy means “victory,” while Florentine means “from Florence.”
- The hotel’s restaurant opened in 1923. Its menu included traditional Italian dishes, including risotto al Salmone (salmon risotto), tagliatelle con le sarde (pasta with sardines) and osso buco all’amatriciana (braised veal shanks).
- The hotel’s bar opened in 1926. The decor featured red velvet wallpaper, dark wood panelling and tiled floors.
- The hotel’s rooms were decorated with period furnishings. Each room had a balcony overlooking the city.
- The hotel closed in 1977. After years of neglect, the building fell into disrepair.
- In the early 2000s, the owners decided to renovate the hotel. The project took five years and cost $8 million. Work began in 2004. The renovation preserved much of the original structure, including the lobby, guestrooms and public spaces.
- The hotel reopened in 2007. Today, the hotel offers 124 rooms, each equipped with modern amenities.
- The hotel’s restaurant serves Tuscan cuisine. A typical meal includes pasta with seasonal vegetables and meat, grilled fish, and desserts.
- The hotel’s bar serves classic cocktails and wine.
- The hotel’s spa offers treatments using natural products. Guests can enjoy massages, facials, body wraps, and manicures.
- The hotel’s rooftop terrace overlooks Piazza Santa Maria Novella.
- The hotel’s location near the train station makes it convenient for guests traveling by rail.
- The hotel’s proximity to the Uffizi Gallery and Accademia Museum makes it ideal for art lovers.
Bulgari Hotel Milan
The hotel was designed by architect Renzo Piano and opened its doors in 2004. It features two towers connected by a central atrium containing a shopping mall and restaurants. The rooms were inspired by the art deco style and feature floor-to-ceiling windows looking out over the city skyline.
Each room includes a private terrace where guests can enjoy breakfast or cocktails before heading out to explore the city. Breakfast is served buffet-style in the dining area while drinks are offered in the bar located on the top floor. Guests can choose between Italian and international cuisine options.
Located near Piazza della Repubblica, the hotel is close to many major attractions including the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II and the Duomo di Milano cathedral. Other nearby landmarks include the La Scala opera house, the Castello Sforzesco fortress, and the San Babila church.
Gritti Palace, Venice
The Gritti Palace was built in 1555-1559 by Giorgio Vasari and designed by Andrea Palladio. It is located at Piazza San Marco, Venice, Italy. The palace is situated between two small islands called Giudecca and Sant’Erasmo. It is now home to the Museo Correr Museum.
The hotel’s location at the end of the Grand Canal makes it one of the most exclusive hotels in Europe. Guests can enjoy breathtaking views from their rooms or suites as they dine in the restaurant, sip cocktails in the bar or take advantage of the spa facilities.
This luxury 5-star hotel offers guests a unique experience in one of the most beautiful cities in the world. Located in the heart of Venice, the Gritti Palace is situated right next to the famous Piazza San Marco, which is surrounded by magnificent Renaissance buildings and palaces
The building was originally built as an aristocratic residence for the family of Count Francesco Grimaldi and later became a private home. In 1884 it was purchased by the Italian government and converted into a luxurious hotel. Today, the Gritti Palace is one of the most famous hotels in all of Europe. It has been featured in numerous movies including “Casino Royale” (2006), “Titanic” (1997) and “La Dolce Vita” (1960).
The Grittis are known to be extremely friendly and welcoming hosts. They have hosted many celebrities over the years including Sophia Loren.
Hotel Il Nido Sorrento
Hotel Il Nido Sorrentino is located in the heart of the Amalfi Coast, just 15 minutes away from Positano and 10 minutes from Praiano. Guests can enjoy panoramic views over the sea and the mountains while relaxing at the poolside bar.
- The hotel offers free Wi-Fi throughout the property and private parking spaces. All rooms have air conditioning, satellite TV, a minibar, a safe box, a hairdryer and a balcony/terrace.
- There are four types of rooms: Superior Double Room (with double bed), Junior Suite (with king size bed), Family Suite (with two single beds) and Studio Apartment (with kitchenette).
- All rooms feature a terrace where guests can relax and enjoy breakfast or dinner. Breakfast includes homemade cakes, fruit juices, coffee and tea. A buffet lunch is offered daily. Dinner consists of local dishes.
- Guests can take advantage of the hotel’s facilities including tennis courts, jacuzzis, sauna, gym, spa, children’s playground, babysitting service and laundry services.
- A complimentary shuttle bus runs between the hotel and the city centre. Free public transport is also provided.
Boutique Hotel Helios
Boutique hotel Helios is located in a quiet and peaceful area of the city, just 10 minutes from the historic center of Florence. The hotel has an elegant atmosphere and offers guests a warm welcome. The rooms are comfortable and equipped with all modern amenities.
Each room comes with free Wi-Fi access and satellite TV. Guests can enjoy a relaxing breakfast in the breakfast room or on their terrace. The hotel also provides a bar where guests can relax after a busy day. There is a private parking space for those who wish to bring their car to the hotel.
Hotel Helios is located in the heart of Florence, close to Santa Maria Novella station, Piazza Della Repubblica square and the, located on a hillside overlooking the sea, is one of the most beautiful hotels in Liguria.
The hotel offers an outdoor pool and free Wi-Fi throughout the property. Each room at the Hotel Villa Rosa has views over the Mediterranean Sea or the garden. The rooms have wooden floors and are decorated in a modern style.
They include a private bathroom with a shower and hairdryer. A buffet breakfast is served every morning and includes homemade cakes and pastries. Guests can also enjoy drinks at the bar. There is a restaurant serving local dishes such as pasta and seafood. The hotel provides free parking for guests. It is 10 minute drive from Portofino and 15 minutes drive from Genoa city centre.
Hotel Punta Regina (Positano)
Hotel Punta Regina is a small, family-run hotel located on the Amalfi Coast of southern Italy, and it’s one of my favorite hotels in all of Europe.
The best view in the world? It’s not an easy question to answer but this little gem of a hotel certainly has some claim to fame. Located just outside of Sorrento, the hotel sits at the top of a hill overlooking the Bay of Naples.
The views from the terrace are simply spectacular! There are no other words that can describe them. I have been fortunate enough to stay here twice now and each time was amazing.
Hotel Marincanto (Positano)
Hotel Marincanto is a small hotel located on the hillside of Positano, overlooking the sea and offering an amazing view over the Amalfi Coast. The rooms are simple but elegant and decorated with typical local style.
The hotel offers free Wi-Fi throughout the property and a breakfast buffet is included in the price. There is also a restaurant where you can enjoy delicious meals made from fresh ingredients.
There are many activities to do around this area including hiking, cycling, horse riding, golfing or just relaxing by the pool. If you want to explore more of the region there are plenty of places to visit such as Pompeii, Sorrento, Capri, Ischia and even Rome!
Places to visit in Venice
Ponte della Costituzione
This bridge connects the Palazzo Ducale (Doge’s Palace) to the church of Santa Maria Formosa. The name means ‘Constitution Bridge’, named after Article 1 of the Italian Constitution of 1948, which states that the Republic is founded upon the principles of liberty, equality, and social justice.
Basilica di San Marco
Basilica di San Marco is a basilica in Venice, Italy. It is dedicated to St Mark the Evangelist, the patron saint of Venetians. The current structure dates back to 532 AD, while the original building was constructed in the 6th century. The present appearance of the basilica dates mainly from the 11th and 12th centuries.
In 1807 Napoleon ordered the destruction of the existing buildings, including the bell tower, and started construction of his own version of the basilica. The final design was never completed, and only some parts were actually erected before Napoleonic troops occupied the city in 1797.
Rialto Bridge is a suspension bridge across the Grand Canal in central Venice, connecting the sestiere of Cannaregio to Dorsoduro. It is the oldest continuously operating wooden covered bridge in Europe.
Campanile di San Marco
Campanile di San Marco is a bell tower in Venice, Italy. Located on Piazza San Marco near the Basilica di San Marco, it is 324 feet tall and contains 72 bells.
The Doge’s Palace is a former residence of the Doges of Venice. It currently houses the offices of the Mayor of Venice and the City Council.
Torre dell Orologio
Torre dell’Orologo is a clocktower in Venice, Italy. Built in 1656, it is located in Piazza San Marco. Its striking feature is its octagonal shape, which gives it the nickname “the Octopus”.
People Also Ask
Where do celebrities stay in Rome?
The best place for celebrity spotting is Via Veneto, which is famous for having some of the world’s most expensive hotels, such as the Hotel de Russie, where David Beckham has stayed. Other places include Piazza Barberini, Campo Dei Fiori, Villa Borghese, Trevi Fountain, and Vatican City.
What is the best city to stay in Italy?
The best place to stay in Italy is Rome because it has beautiful buildings like the Colosseum, Roman Forum, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, etc. Also, it has great food and wine!
What hotel did Kardashians stay at in Italy?
The Kardashian family recently stayed at Hotel La Residenza in Milan, Italy. This 4-star hotel has been rated one of the best hotels in Europe. The hotel was built in 1892 and offers guests modern amenities such as free WiFi access and a gym. Guests also receive complimentary breakfast, parking, and shuttle service from the airport.
Which part of Italy is the prettiest
The Italian countryside is beautiful, especially Tuscany, which has rolling hills, vineyards, olive trees, cypresses, and castles. However, the best place to visit is Venice, where you can find romantic gondolas and palaces
What hotels in the world have the best views
The Four Seasons Hotel George V in Paris has the best views in the world. This hotel was built in 1925 and overlooks the Eiffel Tower.