Severe Weather forecast for Brisbane, Gold & Sunshine Coast, Gympie, Nossa, Maroochydore, Maryborough, Hervey Bay, Bundaberg, Gladstone & Rockhampton.
Severe thunderstorms are developing along the ranges with heavy rain and strong winds.
These thunderstorms are moving in an easterly direction towards the coastal sections of SE Queensland.
Intense rainfall that may lead to dangerous and life-threatening flash flooding and damaging winds are likely.
Beaudesert recorded 83mm in 1 hour to 5:30pm
Woodlands Road (W of Laidley) recorded 57mm in 1 hour to 5:30pm
Highfields (N of Toowoomba) recorded 68mm in 1 hour to 5pm
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Severe Thunderstorm Warning – Southeast Queensland
for HEAVY RAINFALL and DAMAGING WINDS
For people in Ipswich and parts of Logan, Somerset, Scenic Rim, South Burnett, Toowoomba, Lockyer Valley and Brisbane City Council Areas.
Issued at 5:56 pm Wednesday, 6 January 2021.
Intense rainfall west of Jimboomba.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 5:50 pm, very dangerous thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near the area between Boonah and Beaudesert.
These thunderstorms are slow-moving. Very dangerous thunderstorms are forecast to affect Jimboomba and Bundamba Lagoon by 6:20 pm and Greenbank by 6:50 pm.
Other severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Laidley and Gatton.
They are forecast to affect Ipswich and Esk by 6:20 pm and Beaudesert and Yarraman by 6:50 pm.
Live radar & Lightning Map SE Queensland
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through floodwaters. If it’s flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
- Please keep an eye on the Bureau of Meteorology Brisbane Weather radar for live storm updates.
- Also, keep an eye on the weather warnings page for Queensland.
- Be prepared for severe thunderstorms this season. Read the Bureau of Meteorology’s Preparation and safety during thunderstorms
For further information and live updates about Queensland weather forecasts visit:
Weather Maps and Tools
- Queensland Live Weather & Lightning Radar Map
- Queensland Live Wind & Gusts Radar Map
- Queensland Live Temperature Map
- Queensland Waves & Swells Map
Sign up to received regular emails about new articles the might interest you.
Your personal information is protected by law and will not be disclosed.