- 1 Severe Weather Warning – Southeast Queensland, Brisbane & Sunshine Coast
Severe Weather Warning – Southeast Queensland, Brisbane & Sunshine Coast
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Severe Thunderstorm Warning – Southeast Queensland, Brisbane & Sunshine Coast
for DAMAGING WINDS, LARGE HAILSTONES, and HEAVY RAINFALL
For people in parts of Somerset, Scenic Rim, Southern Downs, and Sunshine Coast Council Areas.
Issued at 2:38 pm Tuesday, 24 November 2020.
The Bureau of Meteorology warns that, at 2:30 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Moore and Linville. These thunderstorms are moving towards the northeast. They are forecast to affect Mount Barney and the ranges south of Jimna by 3:30 pm.
Damaging winds, large hailstones and heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding are likely.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it’s flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
- Please keep an eye on the Bureau of Meteorology Brisbane Weather radar for live storm updates.
- Also, keep an eye on the weather warnings page for Queensland.
- Be prepared for severe thunderstorms this season. Read the Bureau of Meteorology’s Preparation and safety during thunderstorms
For further information and live updates about Queensland weather forecasts visit:
Weather Maps and Tools
- Queensland Live Weather & Lightning Radar Map
- Queensland Live Wind & Gusts Radar Map
- Queensland Live Temperature Map
- Queensland Waves & Swells Map
Sign up to received regular emails about new articles the might interest you.
Your personal information is protected by law and will not be disclosed.