14 Days Weather Forecast for QLD, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Maryborough, Hervey Bay, Bundaberg, Gladstone, Rockhampton, Cairns, and other major centres surrounding these areas.
The video above shows infrared satellite imagery(30/01/2021) of the cyclone in the northern Coral Sea. You can see deep convection and thunderstorms forming around its core.
The system is likely to take a southeasterly track towards Vanuatu over the next several days and will lash Vanuatu with strong winds and heavy rain.
The weather video also shows the possible track of the cyclone in the extended forecast to take a more southwesterly track towards the northern NSW coast or southern Queensland coastline. This track will change over the next several days and will be updated as required.
The strength of the disturbance as it nears the eastern Australia coastline is not certain at this stage, but will most likely be a weak low and bring squally rain and showers onto the coast.
There is a slim possibility that it could maintain its strength as it strikes the Queensland coastline.
Stay tuned for more updates on my weather page: Tims Severe Weather Queensland.
Also some great informative articles on past cyclones that have struck Australia including rare footage and sound files and hard to find information.
- Cyclone Tracy – The Monster Of Darwin
- Cyclone Yasi – A Category 5 Cyclone – Largest Cyclone To Hit Australia
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through floodwaters. If it’s flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.
- Please keep an eye on the Bureau of Meteorology Brisbane Weather radar for live storm updates.
- Also, keep an eye on the weather warnings page for Queensland.
- Be prepared for severe thunderstorms this season. Read the Bureau of Meteorology’s Preparation and safety during thunderstorms
Weather Maps and Tools
- Queensland Live Weather & Lightning Radar Map
- Queensland Live Wind & Gusts Radar Map
- Queensland Live Temperature Map
- Queensland Waves & Swells Map
For further information and live updates about Queensland weather forecasts visit:
Sign up to received regular emails about new articles the might interest you.
Your personal information is protected by law and will not be disclosed.